Acer Aspire One laptop

I just purchased an Acer Aspire One netbook and loving it.
Specs:
1.6 Intel Atom
1G RAM
120G HDD
8.9 inch lcd w/ OLED backlight

Price $349
Can't beat the price.



I originally got the 8G SSD version, mainly because it was cheaper and I knew I was going to run linux, but ended up returning. Performance of the SSD was horrible. Now I am dual booting ubuntu 8.04.1 and win xp on the 120G HDD model and works great. Love the screen. Very bright and glossy, if you like glossy. Everything is working under Ubuntu Linux except for the external microphone. No big deal, did not plan on using it anyway. Suspend and Hibernation work great, even network works after suspend. Another great thing with Ubunutu 8.04.1 is that my Spring Novatel u727 broadband usb modem works with the default setup and already has the airprime model which gives you faster speeds.
I'll be back with more as I continue to use this little netbook...

2 Response to "Acer Aspire One laptop"

  1. Anonymous says:

    great hints!

    Did you find a difference between HD and SSD as far as battery time?

    philwil says:

    I only had the SSD version for about a week but from what I remember, I got about the same battery time from the 3 cell battery on both the SSD and the HD verions. Some where around 2 hours and 30 mins.

Powered by Blogger